Tuesday 16 January 2018

1. How I intend to fulfil the requirements of the brief I have chosen

I have adhered closely to the requirements of the brief in the planning of my ideas. My chosen medium is print (Brief 2), for which I will produce four full-page A4 print adverts.

My initial ideas for the adverts incorporate four outdoor locations and two actors my own age (16-17), one male and one female. This reflects the brief's requirement for an active, youthful, unisex brand identity. The theme carried by my campaign will be that wearing 'Wave' allows you to be a confident and social person. My adverts will also conform to the brief by using a blue colour scheme on all branding elements to create a strong and consistent brand identity between the adverts. This brand identity will also be reinforced by the tagline 'catch the wave', which will be present in all the adverts. The actual product itself will be incorporated via a pack shot composited over the image. All imagery featured in the adverts will be original photography taken by me. I plan to research existing adverts in depth in order to identify common conventions of print adverts and incorporate these into my adverts. I will also take care to ensure my adverts adhere to the rules of the ASA and are appropriate for the target audience, and will reference my planning with the ASA's list of print regulations to make sure the adverts are not in breach of the ASA codes. I have decided to reflect the placement of the adverts in Total Film magazine by incorporating a movie quote into each of the adverts. I would also like to create generic hybridity by making the background to emulate a depth of field effect and create a more filmic look. This would fit well with the content in Total Film magazine and increase the appeal towards that audience.
As part of my planning, I created a flat plan in order to visualise my ideas and identify any potential flaws before going further into production.




A plan for one advert
A plan for another advert

While only ideas for the final adverts, this has helped me to see how well the layout of the advert and blocking of the depicted scene fits the requirements of the brief, and whether the elements work together effectively at this early stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment