Thursday 23 November 2017

Video Games and Me

Perhaps the first experience I had with video games was via a handheld that I haven't ever identified - a small white device resembling a Game Boy, and yet I think it must have been either a Sega product or a bootleg, since it included a few Sonic and Alex Kidd games.

Through the Nintendo Wii in about 2008, I played Mario Kart and an assortment of other games, such as Wii Sports Resort and Super Mario Galaxy. This was in the golden age of the Nintendo Wii, when it was extremely popular for families and still somewhat technologically relevant due to its 'wiimote' controller. My favourite game became Majora's Mask, which I played on PC via a Nintendo 64 emulator (and as a result, I was one of the people who bought the 3DS remake on the first day in February 2015.)

1 comment:

  1. Some really nice stuff on the who/what/when/where/how, Ollie. Stretch yourself to take your media writing up a notch by thinking about WHY not only you, but audiences enjoy gaming.

    ReplyDelete