Tuesday 5 December 2017

Minecraft Pocket Edition Gameplay For YouTube


1) How I did it

To create the video, I filmed myself reacting to a pre-recorded clip as though I were playing the game live. To add to this impression, I often described what was going on in the clip - such as the character holding seeds, which I said opened the possibility of creating a farm. I overlaid the footage of myself onto the gameplay video using the FilmMaker Pro app on an iPad, and also adjusted the size of the overlaid clip, as I didn't want it to obscure a large portion of the actual gameplay. Providing a constant and engaging commentary, which I attempted to do, is very much the style of these videos, as seen in the videos of popular Minecraft youtubers such as DanTDM and SkyDoesMinecraft.

2) How could my video attract Mojang and/or Microsoft, and how might it influence them?

These kinds of videos rely on the fanbase of Minecraft being interested enough in the game to watch a video of somebody else playing it, and provided it goes viral, the thoughts and opinions given by the creator of the video could be heard by many people, including Mojang or Microsoft. An example of popularity leading to this scenario is in the success of the fan-made plugin Bukkit - Nathan Adams, a developer for that plugin, was given a job at Mojang due to the success and popularity of the fan-made content.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work & crammed full of terminology - good job!

    ReplyDelete